Asked on Nov 16, 2020

How to clean toaster oven??

Peggy BurnetteCarrie @ Curly Crafty MomHolly Lengner - Lost Mom
+14

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello. Here’s a link that might be informative. I hope this helps

https://toasterovenlove.com/how-to-clean-a-toaster-oven/

• Unplug it and take out the tray and rack to be cleaned wit soapy water, Wipe out the crumbs and interior with soapy water on a rag or nylon pad. The window can be cleaned with vinegar and water. Wipe down the outside with soapy water and your done.

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hi Carol, here is a video to assist you in your cleaning endeavors, please remember to unplug these first before proceeding. Hope it helps you out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWmfeuCPkiI

• Recreated Designs
    Recreated Designs

Hi Carol, I use soap and water on a rag to clean mine and make sure I take the crumb tray out to clean it regularly. When I get a lot of buildup, I use a magic eraser to clean the door. If I have to use a magic eraser, I make sure to wipe it with clean water after.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Unplug and let any power drain out. Remove any racks or trays. Take it over to the sink or trash can and shake out the bread crumbs. Then take a small rag with soapy dish water wring it out and wipe it down inside and out, being careful to not damage the electrical components of the unit. If the glass front is spattered, this can be cleaned with 50/50 vinegar and water or a window cleaner, just remember to spray the rag and not the unit. Wipe everything dry.

• Simple Nature Decor
    Simple Nature Decor

Soap and water in the sink for pans

• Dee
    Dee

Step 1: Unplug It

“Always unplug your toaster oven.” Disconnect the appliance from the power source before you begin cleaning. And, of course, never immerse a toaster oven in water.

Step 2: Remove and Clean Elements

Put the toaster oven on a piece of newspaper to catch the crumbs, then take out the metal tray, rack, and lower crumb tray and place them in the sink. Use dish soap and water to wash these parts. To combat any stubborn stains on these removable pieces, leaving them in the sink to soak overnight. Let them dry completely while you clean the rest of the appliance.

Step 3: Use a Homemade Cleaner

Create your own cleaning solution for the interior of the toaster oven by combining vinegar, warm water, and a little dish soap. “Apply that to the interior with a damp sponge, but try not to get any of the liquid on the heating elements.

Step 4: Apply Elbow Grease

Some tt oaster-ovens have a porcelain enamel or a nonstick interior that makes them slightly easier to clean. But it can be damaged by metal scouring pads and abrasive cleaners. Instead, use a sponge, cloth, or old rag when wiping down your toaster oven. For stubborn stains, use a plastic scouring pad,”

• Maura White
    Maura White

I would sprinkle baking soda, then spray it with some water so the baking soda is damp. Let it sit for a half hour and then sponge it all out!

• Janice
    Janice

Be sure the unit is unplugged before doing any of this. I assume your toaster oven is not to be submersed in water, so you need to remove as much of the unwanted crumbs, etc. using a damp cloth. Also, being very careful you can clean some of the crumbs out by simply turning your toaster oven upside down over the sink and shaking gently. Then another good cleaning with a soapy damp cloth.

• Mogie
    Mogie

https://www.hometalk.com/7063621/clean-your-toaster-toaster-oven

Once it’s clean, line the bottom carefully with aluminum foil, so that the next time, it’s much easier to clean.

Betsy

Hi Carol: I clean mine by unplugging it and then wiping it out with a damp rag. I remove the tray and wash it in the sink and shake the crumbs out into the sink. I wash the outside with glass cleaner and wipe down completely.

• Chloe Crabtree
    Chloe Crabtree

Put the toaster oven on a piece of newspaper to catch the crumbs, then take out the metal tray, rack, and lower crumb tray and place them in the sink. Use dish soap and water to wash these parts. To combat any stubborn stains on these removable pieces, Fisher recommends leaving them in the sink to soak overnight.

• Cheryl A
    Cheryl A

do NOT use oven cleaner it is toxic so here is another idea

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-clean-a-toaster-oven-36723661

• Peggy Burnette
    Peggy Burnette

Hi Carol, hope this helps you clean your toaster oven.

Everything You Need to Know About Cleaning Your Toaster ...

valetmaids.com › everything-you-need-to-know-about-...

The interior of your toaster oven is probably the dirtiest part. You can make your own cleaner out of warm water, vinegar, and a small amount of dish soap. Apply ...