Frozen Hurricane Candle Holders

$0

If you are looking for a unique way to decorate your front porch this holiday season why not try out these Frozen Hurricane Candle Holders. They are so simple to make and perfect if you live in a cold climate. They look so magical when lit up at nighttime and cast the most beautiful welcoming glow.

For this project you will need several containers of various sizes, evergreen clippings, orange slices, cranberries, a glue gun and some tape.

I like to hot glue the cranberries onto the branches to prevent them from floating up to the top. This step is optional but if you want a more uniform look I recommend doing this.

Next you want to fill the larger containers half way with water. Place a smaller container inside the large one and secure it in place with two pieces of tape. This will keep the smaller container centered and prevent it from tipping over.

Arrange the branches, oranges and cranberries in the outer portion of the container. These will move around a little so it’s not necessary to be precise with the placement. Once you are happy with how it looks fill the container up to the top with water and freeze overnight. You can freeze these in a large freezer, or if you live in a cold climate leave them outside to freeze.

When they are completely frozen remove both of the containers. You can run it under hot water to make the containers come off easily. I like to trim off any pieces that have floated up to the top.

How beautiful! I love all of the detail that shows through the ice. It really looks like glass.

Next you want to arrange your Frozen Hurricane Candleholders outside (these will keep best when the temperature is below freezing). You can use battery operated candles or real ones. Make sure you never leave a lit candle unattended!

These are so beautiful to me and I love the soft glow they give off.

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• Lorraine
    Lorraine

as I understand it you land up with no container that was just to make the shape then you insert the candle in the middle empty space doesn,t the water that thaws damage the candle? I have some floating candles maybe I could put it in the center part so that when the ice starts to melt the candle would stay afloat???????????????

• Margo
      Margo

🙂 buy battery operated tea lights at the dollar store. If they get ruined by the melt, it’s not a big loss.

• John McFarland
    John McFarland

What about using two different sized glasses, bowls, etc, The outer one could be filled with the branches and maybe, maybe not water, the smaller inner one for the candle?

• Wren’s Little Nest
      Wren’s Little Nest

That is a fantastic idea for those wanting to get this look but live in a warmer climate, or want to use this indoors. Thank you so much for sharing 😊

• Kim Nead
    Kim Nead

I love this!! But my question is what do you set it son for when it melts ?