Cheap DIY Garage Door Makeover

$30

Use this cheap DIY garage door makeover idea and update any garage door to create a high end look with a low end budget!

For more budget DIY ideas visit Hammers N Hugs!

When we bought our French Country Cottage fixer upper a little over a year ago one of the first things we set about doing was updating the exterior. 

Which translated into removing approximately 1,412 bushes. So.Many.Bushes.Other exterior updates included replacing the front door and shutters, changing the accent color to a gorgeous French blue, and installing the amazing and FREE solar system from Trinity Solar. Read more about how you can qualify for a FREE solar system from Trinity Solar and get a check for $750!We have done it on 2 of our houses now!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Easy. Cheap. Adds instant charm!

Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Ahna Fulmer // Hammers N Hugs

• Patrice Hogan LoBue
    Patrice Hogan LoBue

Just a couple of additional ideas -I can't tell if front door is a light colored wood or painted yellow? If yellow , perhaps add some yellow pots on both sides of front porch with fairly low growing shrubs. If its a light wood, I would stain it to more of a medium brown. Also , I would add 4 pieces of wider panels around the slim pole holding up porch roof on the right to bulk it up and square it off. Have a taller yard light moved closer to house between the post on right side of patio and the left side of the blue shutter to light the entryway and discard shorter one by driveway. Lastly , fill in the areas where the big bushes were pulled up with low or medium height flowering bushes!

I love your garage door makeover and blue shutters! And removing those overgrown bushes made a huge difference-good job!!

• Diane
    Diane

Wow Patrice, You certainly have any eye for decorating. Your ideas are spot on. I am tempted to send you a photo of a room I want to redo for your advice. You should hang up a shingle! Well done.