Dollar Store Glass Cutting Board

$5

If you've visited the dollar store lately, or if you've found a glass cutting board at the thrift store like I did, then you're going to love this easy makeover.

I began with a decorative glass cutting board, the one I had had a Christmas design. 

I removed the little feet and scraped off the back design with a razor blade. 

Be very careful with that razor blade!

When the design was gone I gave the tempered glass a good scrubbing with soap and water.

I used my vinyl cutting machine to cut a design I liked. 

If you think you might need a vinyl cutting machine... you do! 

I have  the Cricut Joy, it's a mini machine just perfect for little crafts like this one and the price is right! 

I cut my vinyl design in "mirror" to reverse the image and attached it to the back of the glass.  

The vinyl I used was a permanent vinyl and can be hand washed with no problem.

I added the little feet back onto the back of the cutting board using hot glue. 

And that is all it took to turn an old Christmas cutting board into one that fits in nice with my farmhouse kitchen. 

I've heard that using a glass cutting board with your good knives actually dulls the knife so I only use my cutting board for old knives and to hold candles and decorative items on my countertops. 

Thanks so much for visiting and before you go please visit these other fun dollar store makeovers from Homeroad. Also visit the GO BOX below for more information!

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Homeroad