Heart Wreath DIY

$15

Here's a way to make a pretty DIY heart shaped wreath that's so easy!

If you are having a hard time finding a heart shaped wreath form in the craft stores don't worry...there's an easy trick to making your own form!

You will need to buy a roll of grapevine garland. You can usually find it in the wreath aisle of your craft store and also on Amazon. I love this stuff; I use it around my front door in the Fall

First, I cut a 60 inch piece ( 152.4 cm) of the grapevine garland with a pair of sharp shears.

I took the two ends of the grapevine and bent them down to form the top of the heart; then I secured them together by wrapping floral wire around tightly.

Next,I squished the bottom of the grapevine together and wrapped it with the floral wire to form the point of the heart wreath.

The grapevine wreath wants to close on itself, so I put a heavy board on top for a couple of hours to flatten it out.

Now, it's time for the flowers!!

A heavy container kept the wreath flat while I was popping in the flowers. (it will hang up nicely at the end...you'll see!!)

I was going for a simple, pretty look on this wreath using pink and white flowers and some dainty greenery.

The flowers I had on hand from a bouquet I bought at Michael's last Spring. Michael's has a few similar bouquets in this year's Spring florals too. ( I have a few options linked over on my blog)

I used one large pink rose and added a white carnation on either side, followed by a piece of lamb's ear.

I filled the rest of the wreath in with small pieces of a flowy ficus and mini pink baby's breath.

Ready to hang up!

I used the floral wire at the top of the heart to hang up the wreath.

This wreath is perfect for Valentine's day but will work all Spring. It would be so sweet hanging in a little girl's room too!

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Jennifer Howard| Cottage On Bunker Hill