Easy Wooden Table Risers (and CHEAP!)

$20

There are a number of things that I always look for at thrift stores and cutting boards are one of them. They make great craft projects and decorations and today I’m sharing a couple DIY Wooden table risers made from cutting boards.
For the smaller one, I’m going with a white paint since I’m not planning on putting food on it and I already have the paint from another project.
  1. Start by sanding the board down with either 100 grit sandpaper. I used my  palm sander to get it smooth.
2. Once you have it sanded, you’ll want to wipe it down really well to clean off all of the dust.
3. Paint the board on the top and bottom. I’m doing this because I may end up leaning it agains something so you may see a bit of the botton. The wood on mine was very dry so the paint soaked right in. 
4. Sand the edges and in random spots to make it a bit more rustic.5. Apply antique ink or stain to age it a bit. I used Ipswich Pine stain which is super subtle.7. Add the “feet”. Using  Gorilla glue, glue the small little wooden knobs to the bottom of the four corners.
Let dry overnight.
The stained the larger rectangular cutting board for a different look. 2. Start by sanding the board down with either 100 grit sandpaper. I used my  palm sander just to clean up the surface a bit. I don’t mind if it has some cuts still in it as it adds to the character. You can see the difference in the board here…
2. Once you have it sanded, you’ll want to wipe it down really well to clean off all of the dust.3. Prep the wood with wood conditioner. It helps prep the wood for stain (again, the wood is very dry) and keeps the color even.
4. Stain the wood and the little knobs for feet. I used  Minwax stain in Dark Walnut for this one. Apply the stain with a cotton rag, wiping off the excess quickly.
5. Apply the feet with  Gorilla glue as above.
Let the stain and glue dry overnight and that’s it.
Here they are combined....
For more details on this project and other thrift store flips, visit the blog at www.mylifeonkayderosscreek.com

Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Colleen@lifeonkayderosscreek