DIY Wire Heart Bookmark

$1

I’ve been wanting to make some adult Valentines Day DIY gift ideas, and I’m thrilled with this wire heart bookmark!

This heart bookmark is the perfect way to show a little love with a gift they’ll actually use all year long. It’s a perfect DIY project for teens and adults. And it couldn’t be more simple with just 3 supplies needed.

P.S. If you’re looking for other adult Valentines Day gifts to make, check out my Aloe You Vera Much Plant Pot with free printable!

Supplies:

• 20 cm (about 8 inches) craft wire – 16 gauge or 18 gauge
  • Craft pliers (needle nose, round nose and wire cutters)
  • Ruler

Note: You can measure a longer piece of wire if you wish to create a bigger bookmark with really big twirl patterns.

Step 1

Hold the wire at one end and use the needle nose pliers to bend a small loop. 

Step 2

Coil the wire around the loop to create a twirl pattern. Keep the coils loose with some space between the curves. Do 2 or 3 loops. If you are doing a bigger bookmark, you can coil it more than 3 times using your longer piece of wire. 

Step 3

Repeat the same process on the other end of the wire. Try to keep both twirl patterns the same size.

Step 4

Use the ruler to measure the middle point of the wire. Bend the wire at that point and bringing the 2 scrolls towards each other. 

Step 5

Tighten the bend using round nose pliers and bring in the twirly ends to create a heart. 

Want more ways to use your craft wire? Try making these wine charms, too!  They're so easy to make.

17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Single Girl's DIY

• KimofCoventry
    KimofCoventry

As an avid reader,and lover of wirework, I think these are fabulous! Simple is often perfect.

• Giselle
    Giselle

I’ve tried using wire to spell out words and it was a wonky disaster but I may try this and will hopefully get straighter sides! This is so cute! ❤️