Fabric Wall Art

$5

Create a high end wall art piece for essentialy free. Find an old frame, grab some old fabric and let’s get started.

I do just want to make note that I did this with materials I had on hand so it didn’t cost me anything.

Materials needed:

1. picture frame
  2. white paint
  3. gold paint
  4. black spray paint
  5. paint brushes
  6. black fabric

I used rustoleum flat black spray paint to paint my frame.

When the frame was drying, I used scissors to cut my fabric to size. It does not have to be perfect.

Dip your paint brush in the paints and Dab paint in random spots on the fabric

Fold the fabric over periodically and smooth out the paint . Add some gold every once in a while.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Add it back into the frame and admire your free art work!

Thank you so much for following along with me. This DIY was definitely a favourite or mine and I absolutely love how it turned out. I think I for sure will be making some bigger ones to display on my living room walls.

be sure to follow along with me on here, hometalk, as well as Instagram.

x

Amber

Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try

• Holly
    Holly

What is on the wall behind the painting in the first “after” pic? Is it wallpaper, a stencil painted on the wall, or something else? It is really pretty!

• SofttailToni
    SofttailToni

Not that i dont like...but im more interested in the wall it self!!! I love the wall!! Teach me or tell me WHAT you did use. Or tile? Stencil? Looks awsome!! Thanx!@

• Mcgypsy9
    Mcgypsy9

I so love this!! I will be trying this myself. The finished product is just amazing! Well done! So I too love your wallpaper as well. Can you share the name of that too please? Oh I am so excited about this I’m going into my fabric stash and see what I can find. I love art and what a beautiful way to get it!

• Lynne
    Lynne

great idea, and that wall is lovely!

• Theun
    Theun

Never turns out like the video for me. Ugh. 🤦‍♀️