Asked 6 days ago

What product should use to pressure wash house?

Cheryl AVimarhonorThe DIY Doghouse
+17

Help, what is the best product to use to pressure wash vinyl siding on house?

• Mogie
    Mogie

What Chemicals Do You Use to Pressure Wash a House?

https://siyanda.org/chemicals-use-pressure-wash-house/

• Em
    Em

I cleaned my siding with window cleaner and a rag or old towel wrapped around and tied to a broom. For taller spots I used the ladder and worked areas from the top down. Swab the siding like you are washing a car and rinse with a hose. The cleaners are ridiculously expensive and unnecessary. Window cleaner remove dirt AND green algae. No pressure washer needed. I cleaned it once and it lasted for years with no further algae.

• Windex makes a product that attaches to your hose to clean your exterior windows, siding and patio furniture

• Dee
    Dee

I love that Windex cleaner. It works like a charm

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Hi! Simple Green makes a good cleaner for power washing. I usually wash it first on each side with just the water. Then I use the the cleaner following the directions. Sometimes you'll need to do a little hand scrubbing, too, so have a bucket, a soft bristle scrub brush and some old rags or towels. The northeast side of the house is always the worst, because the trees block the sun. For that side where the green mossy stuff likes to grow, I do use Wet it and Forget it, because it keeps it from coming back for months. Good luck!

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello Vernese,

Just use water at pressure, You could use a little Dish soap, but be careful you don't want a bubble bath!

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

I like Krud Kutter. But I've also had good luck with vinegar, baking soda, and blue Dawn. My SIL mixed it so I'm unsure about the measurements.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

The Windex product gets my vote, it does a good job especially with the bird droppings.

• If it's not too dirty, just the water itself would be fine. If you've got some dirtier spots, you could try Simple Green.

• Vernese
    Vernese

Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions. My home is a cream color and it's got the green mildew. Need something that's gonna cut through the dirt and mildew. Rain and trees cause mildew, dirt and spiderwebs. And we've had alot of it during this mild winter.

Betsy

Hi Vernese: My friends swears by this product. Here's a video about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRRxM0WMYRc

Good luck

• The DIY Doghouse
    The DIY Doghouse

Hi! Our home has beige siding too! Pressure washing might ruin the finish on your siding. We swear by this product! You don't need to scrub or get on a ladder either!!

Kristin, Chief Dog Mom | The DIY Doghouse

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello. In the past we have had to hire people to pressure wash our house due to the fact that we don’t want to get on a tall ladder with our pressure washer.

Now we use wet and forget. It is a remarkable product and we no longer have to get on the ladder to treat the house it removed the mildew and we can stay on the ground safely and spray the house using this wonderful product.

We purchased the hose end formulation to spray our two story home without a ladder and it covers 2000sf for about $37.00.

Please look over link, reviews and Q&A to see if it’s a product of fits your needs as well as review the appropriate product size you need to purchase.

Heres product info to get you started.

WET & FORGET CONCENTRATE

MOSS, MOLD, MILDEW & ALGAE STAIN REMOVER

Are you tired of the never-ending cycle of cleaning black and green stains from your home? Introducing the easiest solution for eliminating these issues without using elbow grease or harsh chemicals—Wet & Forget Outdoor Cleaner! Simply spray and walk away! That's it. Wet & Forget goes to work with the wind and rain to gently clean the surface over time.

• Easy Spray & Leave Application
    • No Scrubbing, Rinsing or Pressure Washing
    • Bleach-free, Phosphate-free and Non-acidic
    • Surfaces Stay Clean 1+ Years in Most Cases
    • Safe for Virtually Any Outdoor Surface

https://www.wetandforget.com/wet-and-forget-concentrate.html

• Cheryl A
    Cheryl A
    Just now

ZEP makes a good house washing product also Krud Kutter