DIY Garden Decor | DIY Challenge
DIY FLOWING WATER GARDEN DECOR
Today, I am sharing how I took fairy solar lights and a garden pail to make something cute for our flower garden.
I had Mr. Tip take my metal pitcher and drill two holes, one in the bottom and one in the bottom of the spout.
I unraveled my strand of lights measuring 36″ per section.
Carefully bending the strand, measuring another 36″ creating two 36″ strands. I repeated this step until I came to the controller wire.
To add the pail to the Shepard’s hook
- I took a zip tip threading it into the inside bottom drilled hole
- wrapped it around the hook
- back into the drilled hole
- zipping it tight.
I added the lights to the spout I did the same thing with the zip tie as I did with the hook, but threading it from the outside in.
- using the end without the controller
- thread the zip tie through the drilled hole
- wrapping it around the strand of lights
- back through the drilled hole
- zipping it tight
- cut off the excess tie.
Untangle the fairy lights.
Arrange the fairy lights on your plant of choice.
I made sure I place the solar charger where it can get plenty of sunshine. I covered up the exposed wire with mulch.
Doesn’t it look like the water flowing from the watering can?