Easy DIY Grapevine Topiary

6 materials
$6

I love a climbing plant and because I’m not good with houseplants, I decided to make a faux climbing topiary for my bathroom.This Grapevine Topiary is an easy DIY project that you can complete in about 30 minutes. You only need a few supplies and you will love the results. Best of all, you don’t have to worry about killing it. LOL

Supplies for Grapevine Topiary

• Container
  • Grapevine wreath – approx. the same diameter as your container.
  • Greenery Stem
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Styrofoam block
  • 2 sticks ( or dowel rods) Cut slightly longer than the depth of your container.
  • Spanish Moss
  • Green Moss

Step 1 – Secure the Grapevine

Begin by pushing one wooden stick into the styrofoam in order to secure the grapevine to the container. Add hot glue to the bottom of the styrofoam and press into the bottom of the container. Hold until secure.

Next, separate a section of the grapevine wreath to allow the stick to be pushed through.

Then use the second stick to push through another section of the grapevine and into the styrofoam. Using two sticks will hold the grapevine more securely.

In addition, add a few drops of hot glue around the sticks for extra stability.

Lastly, fill in around with spanish moss to hide the styrofoam.

I love making topiaries and here is one I shared last spring called Easy DIY Topiaries You Can Make Yourself. In addition, if you are looking for a container, you might like this tutorial on How to Age Clay Pots.

Make the Topiary

To create the climbing topiary, begin by cutting several pieces of the faux greenery stem.

Apply a generous bundle at the base of the grapevine to cover the sticks that are exposed. Then begin to apply the smaller cuttings by weaving them into the grape vine as though they are climbing up. Use small amounts of hot glue to secure the cuttings in place.

Ta Da! See how easy that was. This project took less than 30 minutes to complete and I love the greenery in my master bathroom.

Rachel The Ponds Farmhouse

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 14 comments
Next