Before & After Vanity Stool Makeover

$5.00

Hey y’all!
I mentioned last week that I’ve decided to start sharing the DIY projects I’ve done to make my getting ready/craft room come together before the big reveal since there are a couple things I’m waiting on being finished. So, with that said here’s the first project I’ll be sharing.
My vanity stool makeover!
My vanity/desk was a Christmas present from Corey’s mom and fiancé. It use to be an old sewing table but after some paint, stain, new hardware and a mirror they were able to turn that old sewing table into an amazing vanity. Corey’s grandma had this old stool she wasn’t using anywhere so I was given that as well. I love the stool itself but the fabric had to go.
Before recovering the cushion I sprayed two coats of Rustoleum Paint and Primer in One in Gloss White on the frame to cover some scuff marks.
While that was drying, I began removing the staples that were used to secure the old fabric.
The cushion itself is still in great condition so all I needed to do was recover it.
After the old fabric was removed I laid the cushion down on the new fabric and made sure the pattern was as straight as possible.
Corey used his staple gun to secure the fabric to the cushion. We had to make sure we were constantly pulling the fabric taught so there would be as little bunching as possible.
After the fabric was stapled I cut the excess so nothing would be hanging down.
Lookin' good!
I screwed the cushion back into the frame and here’s what it looks like now…
Doesn’t it look completely different? I know it wasn’t rocket science but I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.
The best part about this project is it only cost me about $5 for the fabric since I used a 40% off coupon, and I have plenty of fabric leftover to use somewhere else!

Everything Red For Canada Day
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Maggie Lois