DIY ~ Windowsill Windowboxes From Gutters!

Fall is coming and the growing season is winding down again. I wanted a way to keep the garden going, inside!
Making indoor windowsill windowboxes from gutters for my sunny windows was just the right plan for me.
Now I'll have fresh herbs all winter long and can keep on gardening, inside!
Parsley, Thyme, Lavender, Dill & Oregano
Measurement is key to this project. Measure your window's sill length and depth as they are not all the same. I used Home Depot's on-line inventory to find the gutter and other materials as I planned my project.
Materials needed for the windowsill windowbox
Materials needed: one 120 inch (10 feet) piece of white gutter, matching right and left end caps and a tube of caulk sealant. (I already owned a caulk gun, pliers and tin snips.) This was enough to make four planters at just a hair over $6.45 a piece!
Kitchen Herb Garden made from gutters.
Cutting, snapping on end caps and caulking are all that's required for this easy project!
Fits right on the windowsill!
I chose to fill my boxes with herbs but there are lots of other possibilities! Plus, you could spray paint them any color you choose or do decorative painting on the sides before planting!
Check out my blog by clicking on the link below to see more photographs and step-by-step directions!

30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Barb Rosen

• Pinky S
    Pinky S

Great idea!!! I just saw that you live in Wilmington!!?? What part? I live in Avondale, Pa. but shop in De. all the time. Lived in Newark for many years.

• Barb Rosen
      Barb Rosen

@Pinky S ~ North Wilmington near Silverside Road. Nice to hear from you.

• Pinky S
    Pinky S

Wow, small world!!! I am up that way to Christmas Tree Shops, Kirklands etc. all the time!