Homemade Lavender Laundry Soap

$30

A quick way to make your own laundry soap that smells heavenly! This is the best laundry soap I have ever tried - it really cleans and whitens clothes. At $.25 per load, you can't go wrong!
homemade lavender laundry soap, cleaning tips, diy, go green
I made this soap months ago and I still have a ton of it left. All you need is one tablespoon per load, but feel free to use more for tougher stains.
Ingredients for homemade laundry soap include: Washing soda, Borax, Oxi Clean, Baking Soda and castile soap. I had Downy Unstopables, but the castile soap smells so good I didn't need it.
1 full 3 Kg box of washing soda
1 full 2 Kg box of Borax
1 full 500 g box of baking soda
3 bars of Dr. Bonner's lavender-scented castile soap
1.36 Kg container of Oxi Clean
(image shows different quantities because I have updated the recipe since this post.)
Cut up the soap as small as you can then using a food processor, grind it up into finer pieces.
Mix all of your ingredients together well - I used a paint stick for this.
You will have the best smelling soap on the block! The lavender is so wonderful and not overpowering at all!
Thalita @ The Learner Observer

• Dan28179788

What do you mean by washing soda?

• Washing Soda is used for laundering clothing. Sometimes you can find some at stores, like this one, or you can make your own by putting baking soda on a cookie sheet and baking it at 400 degrees for around an hour, stirring twice during that time. The baking soda will change consistency and become grainy, and the colour will change slightly, also. I hope this helps, but I'd be happy to answer any other questions!

• Jjsunflower😎

can you use for he washers 😎