Carolyn ~ homework
Carolyn ~ homework
  • Los Angeles, CA

Sewing Kit Gift Box

Not only did my son move to college recently but I have many, many friends moving their kids into dorm rooms too. As we gathered up our lists and compared notes of what we were getting them for their rooms, I realized that none of us thought of a sewing kit. That’s probably because not many of our kids know how to even sew on a button. Regardless, I thought it would be fun to send off a few of these cute
sewing kit gift box, crafts, diy
sewing kit gift box, crafts, diy
To make a little sewing kit gift box, start with a plain cardboard gift box. Cover the top in fabric and tuck the edges onto the inside of the box and use craft glue to adhere.
sewing kit gift box, crafts, diy
For this box, I used a piece of a vintage tablecloth that’s now a cutter.
sewing kit gift box, crafts, diy
Line the inside of the box with felt.
sewing kit gift box, crafts, diy
Purchases an inexpensive miniature sewing kit or create your own from your personal stash.
Carolyn ~ homework

• Jan1425969

Great idea,so pretty but useful

• Cynthia H

I took small hatbox type containers that you buy in the craft store, and filled them with sewing supplies and pincushions after decorating them. Two of my daughters rarely sew but the third one uses hers all the time. If nothing else, they can sew on a button! Love the way you did yours!