Our Teenage Daughter's Bedroom Update

We recently finished our teen / tween daughter's bedroom and closet update. We started with a pretty boring (but nice sized) room and were able to use a lot of pieces from her old room to complete her new room.
This is the room as it looked when we bought the house. Very neutral, but not livley enough for my daughter!
The color she chose for her room is Benjamin Moore Galt Blue, which is from the Williamsburg series, it looks a little Tiffany blue in person. I repurposed the vintage doors on the wall on each side of the bed, one has her initials the other a list of some of her wonderful attributes. The side tables and dressser I painted white and gold some time ago. The bed I found pn Craig's List, it cleaned up great but still has a beautiful patina to it.
She is VERY much the artist and was thrilled that I gave her this HUGE area on the wall as a chalkboard (just painted it on)
Her comfy window seat I made for her, she really never sits there but its great storage!
The shelving is from an old country store and the curtains I sewed fabric to the top of plain white Ikea curtains to jazz them up a little. That cardboard rams head she loves, but took me like an hour to put together... still it's all about her ;)

Susan Sease

• Lin

Any tips on building the window seat? Is it an IKES hack?

• Susan Sease

No, it's a vintage furniture piece that I added a cushion to.
  • Joanie

Are those mirrors in those doors? If so, I love that idea......Wow!! Charmin' bedroom curtains and those doored mirrors are a treat!!!

• Cheyenne

how do you make the big shelf in the last picture