Repurposed WWII Military First Aid Storage Suitcase Table w/ Sewing Machine Base & Yardsticks

I created this custom table with a vintage WWII suitcase, a vintage New Companion sewing machine iron base and yardsticks. I painted on the custom "first aid" artwork on top to give it the theme. You can see a full description of the project and process via the jump link.
I cleaned the vintage metal base and gave it several coats of fire engine red paint. I then hand painted the white lettering.
On the interior, I installed a subfloor to mount the base to the suitcase and then installed a custom yardstick floor with several coats of poly to finish it.
I left the parchment paper that lined the interior to keep it original to the era and style.
Custom graphics were stenciled and painted onto the top of the vintage suitcase and then distressed.
The metal base still swivels and spins.

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
15 Perfectly Round Tables
GadgetSponge.com

• GadgetSponge.com
    GadgetSponge.com

Congrats Tracy and thanks Valerie!!

• Peggy
    Peggy

Like this a lot

• Peggy
      Peggy

@Peggy I have commented already but looking at this again. I have a base that I use more or less as a table but I also have a very old leather suitcase which would work on top of mine. The suitcase is in poor array but a family piece. I am thinking about giving it a try per your picture. Thanks for sharing.