From Vintage Cart to Instant Hot Chocolate Station for Christmas

Confession... I have 3 coffee makers I use regularly... (don't ask!), but no room for one of them. So when I was challenged to come up with a creative use for a reproduction vintage cart on wheels, I knew exactly what it needed to become.
Adding a few 2x4's for a simple top, the result is perfection for my little kitchen. The containers inside hide potatoes and onions and the top is all about my golden
vintage cart to instant hot chocolate station for christmas, christmas decorations, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, woodworking projects
A simple, instant hot chocolate station is indeed possible! Find a base of sorts, add a few S hooks, and you're in business!
Here's how it all started. I gathered up a few reclaimed wood planks for a top, and containers to hide stuff.
Some simple 2x4s were cut to size, and sanded. I purposely didn't cover the entire opening of the cart so one could freely grab stuff from the containers without moving the top around.
I created a stencil with my signmaking machine so I could make the wood appear like it was an old crate. Any stencil can do the same! This one pays homage for my love of Kona coffee in Maui... :) Then I used a wood wax to cover the works. (More info on custom stencil kits coming soon)
A little crate got fitted with a board to better organize coffee pods.
And then it was time to have fun...
Hot chocolate mix and marshmallows filled vintage mason jars, and were tucked into an old crate shelf attached to an old door.
This charming little space was so easy to pull together. If you have space for an old door, maybe your hot chocolate station is waiting to be born!
Visit the blog link below for more detailed photos, and to see how I set it up in my own kitchen!
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna