Vintage Style Kitchen Lighting Update. Buh Bye Boob Light ‪#‎Light

Looking to get rid of a dreaded "boob" light? Come find the vintage style solution I found to replace it with! So Much Better now!
‪#‎LightingIdeas‬
I am so excited to show you what we finally replaced our old kitchen lighting with!
Its amazing how such small updates can change the whole look of a room.
One of the lights I desperately wanted to replace was the boob light in our kitchen.
Admit it....It looks like a boob! Why oh WHY did I not notice this years ago when I bought it. :)
I also wanted to replace this old chandelier. This was one of my very first blog posts.
It was an old brass chandelier that I bought at a thrift shop for a couple bucks, painted and hung up. Seriously...the post is so old I forgot what I kitchen even looked like back then.
One of the issues we had finding a different light for above our cooking area was that
we have an old house. Meaning we do not have big vaulted ceilings or anything
where you can hang a big fancy pendant light because honestly it would get hit with a pan or something. So we had to replace it with something flush mount. Not a lot of choices out there for this sort of light...or so I thought.
So there I am perusing National Builder Supply looking for lights when I see THIS light..
I was thinking, how cool would this be, but alas...its not flush mount. Then I start reading the description...
You can remove the center post and have it be semi-flush mount. DO YOU HEAR ANGELS? I did. I finally could have an awesome non-boob light in my kitchen.
And the even better part is they make a coordinating chandelier! So I could have matching vintage lighting in my kitchen that I didn't have to spray paint to match LOL! So now my kitchen could have 2 Kichler vintage style lights.
I love the vintage touch that it added to our kitchen.
The vintage industrial design is punctuated with clear seedy glass shades, reminiscent of glass jars that were a staple of 19th century American life. We added the Edison style bulbs to add to the vintage style. We couldn't be happier.
They add such character to our kitchen. Is it weird to love a light? If its wrong...I don't wanna be right!

31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Art is beauty

• Great replacement to the boob light! They look great, I like how you can keep it closer to the ceiling in the kitchen, but drop it down closer to the table over your dining table.

• Jackie
    Jackie

Where do you get those light bulbs?