Linda B
Linda B
  • Trumbull, CT

DIY Fleece Heating Pads

These little heating pads are made out of fleece and sewn on the machine but you can sew them by hand if you like. As you sit by the fire, perhaps. You can make them in any shape you like and working with fleece is a dream. The fabric has some substance and it doesn't fray or ravel.
diy fleece heating pads, crafts, how to
The first thing to consider is the shape. I get my inspiration from the internet - Google images to be exact. I'll research "cat images" and when I see a shape of a cat that I like I print it out. I keep enlarging the shape until I get the size I want adding about and inch more for the seams. You can get inspiration for different shapes from magazines or coloring books - anything that gives basic shapes.
diy fleece heating pads, crafts, how to
I LOVE FLEECE.
diy fleece heating pads, crafts, how to
I had such fun picking out fabric for these, too, trying to get "kitty" prints.
diy fleece heating pads, crafts, how to
Whatever shape you pick, dog, cat, frog, etc. just keep enlarging it until it gets to a size you like. Put right sides together and stitch all the way around it leaving a 4 or 5 inch opening at the bottom. Turn inside out and fill with rice. Stitch the opening closed. DONE. Heat in the microwave for a minute or two. ENJOY!
Linda B