5 Minute Flanged Pillow Tutorial

31K Views
I love to change up the look of things in my house, but since I am on a budget I tend to re-arrange things more than adding to my decor. I had to run to the Dollar General this morning to get some spray paint for another project (coming soon!) and decided to see if there was anything left in the Christmas decor on sale.
Time: 5 MinutesCost: $2.50Difficulty: Easy
  • 5 minute flanged pillow tutorial, crafts, how to, reupholster
Didn't see much, but I did find these:
But wait- they weren't $5.00- they were 50% off!
$2.50 for a pillow! That's my kind of budget decorating. Not only were they cheap I knew it would only take about 5 minutes to make!
Really it took me less than that. It took me longer to set up my camera than it did to sew this pillow. If you can sew a straight seam then you can make this.
Place mats are perfect for a flanged pillow since they already have finished edges. Simply pin the place mats together, stitch around (don't forget to leave an opening for stuffing), add your stuffing, stitch opening closed and you are all done!
For a more detailed tutorial, head over to my blog. Hope you have fun making a flanged pillow!

Suggested materials for this project:

Caroline

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question