CeeJai
CeeJai
  • Stockbridge, GA

Time to finish my penny gazing bowling-ball.

I pick up pennies off the side walks so it doesn't cost me a penny...(hehehe).
I painted the bowling ball with copper paint first - then glue on the pennies with Goop glue. I leave the holes so people can see it is a bowling ball.
Pennies from heaven ;0
Pennies from heaven ;0
close up
close up
sitting on my tree stump seat
sitting on my tree stump seat
CeeJai

• Patty

How many pennies did it take?

• Cheryl Keller

May I use clear gorilla glue to glue the pennies on? May I spray Rust-oleum painters touch 2x ultra cover gloss clear over finished project? What is the best way to seal finger holes? Thanks!

• CeeJai

Hi Cheryl, I'm sure you can use any kind of glue that works outside. When I first did this years ago the Gorilla glue would foam up and made a mess but they have improved their glue. I just put pennies over the thumb holes with glue. I didn't use in cover because I like the patina of copper when it changes. Hope this helps.

• Connie marsh

You can also purchase a cleaner for copper. Many used to clean and shine the bittoms of their cookware with this

• Margaret M Schulte

I am making a penny ball too,but I tried gorilla glue but that didn't seem to work so I decided to use hot glue gun. Now to see if it holds up in the outdoors! Lol

• CeeJai

Let me know if the hot glue works. How did you get the gorilla glue off?