Painted Dishwasher

This project has been a long time coming and I couldn’t be happier to finally be able to scream it to the world, I PAINTED MY DISHWASHER!
painted dishwasher, appliances, painting
It may sound a little risky, but it was totally worth it. The ugly almond color had to go. It was the only appliance we had that was an off-white color and it stuck out like a sore thumb in our primarily black and white kitchen.
To begin this process, I covered the surrounding area with garbage bags and plastic table cloths and secured them with painters tape. I also thoroughly applied tape to the button control panel to help keep them readable after the new paint job.
Next, I sprayed the dishwasher with a few coats of Rustoleum Black Appliance Epoxy. It was very important to follow all the instructions on the can to insure even coverage.
Finally, I removed all of the layers of plastic and tape to reveal my beautiful, new-looking dishwasher.
We are very pleased with how this turned out, but there is one tiny thing I am not entirely crazy about. The control panel is still that almond color. Eww. But, I am so much happier with having a black dishwasher with a small off-white stripe vs. an all almond appliance. What do you think?
Read more about this project and other DIYs at Elizabeth Joan Designs!

Elizabeth Joan Designs

• Karen Miller Bonett

On my stove, the top control panel has hard plastic end caps. The stove is white and I keep it clean, but the end caps have yellowed. Do you think painting these would help? Thanks. Karen Bonett

, Yellowed end cap from side, From the front You can see the difference between the white control panel and the end cap
  • Penny

Is there stainless steel pant
    • Cathy Landslide

I did my dishwasher with the black stainless paint and I love it, but it has a flat finish. Any recommendations for a gloss coat?

• Good job. I am sure that if you put your thinking cap on, there would be a way to change the control panel.
  • Debby

WOW...... If only I had seen this posting........ Hadn't thought of painting the DW door......... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Oh well........ next renovation......