Painted Dishwasher

This project has been a long time coming and I couldn’t be happier to finally be able to scream it to the world, I PAINTED MY DISHWASHER!
It may sound a little risky, but it was totally worth it. The ugly almond color had to go. It was the only appliance we had that was an off-white color and it stuck out like a sore thumb in our primarily black and white kitchen.
To begin this process, I covered the surrounding area with garbage bags and plastic table cloths and secured them with painters tape. I also thoroughly applied tape to the button control panel to help keep them readable after the new paint job.
Next, I sprayed the dishwasher with a few coats of Rustoleum Black Appliance Epoxy. It was very important to follow all the instructions on the can to insure even coverage.
Finally, I removed all of the layers of plastic and tape to reveal my beautiful, new-looking dishwasher.
We are very pleased with how this turned out, but there is one tiny thing I am not entirely crazy about. The control panel is still that almond color. Eww. But, I am so much happier with having a black dishwasher with a small off-white stripe vs. an all almond appliance. What do you think?
Read more about this project and other DIYs at Elizabeth Joan Designs!

23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Elizabeth Joan Designs

• Penny

Is there stainless steel pant
    • Cathy Landslide

I did my dishwasher with the black stainless paint and I love it, but it has a flat finish. Any recommendations for a gloss coat?

• Donna

Wouldn't it have been easier to take the door off to paint, it's not hard to do?

I'd be afraid of paint getting into areas that couldn't come off if paint ran into crevices.

• Angela

I love it! We did our refrigerator years ago with “appliance” paint. (Basically Rustoleum) I’m thinking if you have the model # for the dishwasher, you may be able to go on line for that particular part (the facia panel or control panel facia), & purchase it. It looks great!

• Good job. I am sure that if you put your thinking cap on, there would be a way to change the control panel.
  • Debby

WOW...... If only I had seen this posting........ Hadn't thought of painting the DW door......... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Oh well........ next renovation......