An Easy Way To Add Character to Your Front Door

$15

I've been looking for a cute way to add character to the front door. After looking at a wreath during the holidays, the poor door locked so bare once the wreath was gone. After a quick trip to Hobby Lobby I came up with an inexpensive way to cuten up the front door.
Grab wooden letters from your local craft store.
A lot of the letters have rough edges, so you will want to sand them.
Spray paint the letters and allow them to dry.
Apply magnets to the back using hot glue. I purchased magnetic tape but found the bond wasn't as strong as I would like (so I used the hot glue to secure them). I know some of you are wondering why I used magnets. Our front door is metal so the magnets stick wonderfully and it's a non-permanent solution.
Make sure to press the magnets on well.
For larger letters, be sure to add magnets to both sides of the letter so they are balanced out.
The final product! For my Canadian friends, I know that without the accent marks, it's not technically correct, but those little things are very hard to make out of random wood pieces. No one here in Texas would probably know the difference. :-)
The final product.
We love the fun this brings to the front door and it's a nice exit for our guests.

The Rozy Home

• Jeannie McCarley

Love this, much :-) was thinking of doing just 'hello' but really like the idea of making everyone wonder what something in French might mean ;-).....it's very 'mignon'

• Jeannie McCarley

@The Rozy Home non non non!!! je parle un petit peu lol a VERY petite peu!! My little bit of French comes from School, 40 yrs ago but I do love the way French words look, patisserie, boulangerie, bien venue.... it's all so.... magical, lol.

• Heidy

LOVE!!