Lindsay Eidahl
Lindsay Eidahl
  • Cedar Rapids, IA

Faux Wrapped Wood Candles

I have been loving all the wood carvings I have seen lately on the internet and in magazines. I thought it would be so great to have candles wrapped in wood and carved however you wanted them. Cool, right? Well, until I figure out how to make the real thing, I came up with an easy alternative.
faux wrapped wood candles, crafts, how to, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas
I grabbed all the candles I had around the house and also some wood grain shelf paper.
The wood grain on this paper looks pretty real and will work perfect around my candles.
I wrapped all the candles with the paper and used a black Sharpie marker to make all my "carvings".
I love how they turned out! They will give me the look I am wanting until I can get the real thing.
You can see more details of this project on my blog post.
Lindsay Eidahl