Twine Wreath Ornaments...Mason jar lids repurposed...

I have done lots of decorating with jars...and now I have a BIG stash of leftover lids and rims. This is a simple idea I came up to repurpose some of those "lonely rims" into cute little ornaments for your tree...
I just love the contrast of the rustic twine with the sparkly ornament and ribbon and delicate button.
I started by tying a knot inside the rim of the lid.
And then you just wrap, and wrap and wrap...LOTS of wrapping :)
At the end I just tied it off and tucked the knot into the back of the rim. Easy...a little time consuming but not difficult.

18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Chipping with Charm, Laurel

• Kathy G

How do you make the actual wreath shape? Do you put the twine lids over a metal or foam form?

• Rosa

What thickness is the twine? Depends on how large the ring is right? THE thicker the twine the faster I'll finish the project? Waikiki is a calling

• Octavia Narcte

It doesn't really matter what the thickness is, and if the twine is smaller/ring is larger, it will take longer. Yes, the thicker the twine, the faster it is done.

• Mkn34380412

Can you give an approximate length of the twine for a ring?

• Octavia Narcte

You probably won't use this much, but try using one meter of twine. It all depends on how tightly you wind it, and how big your ring is.

• Lisalynn

so nice.. ( these are canning RINGS not lids.. lids are the round flat bits )

• Octavia Narcte

It's still part of the lid. and if you cut the lids into sixths, you can use that for a decoration to repurpose the WHOLE lid.

• Judy

I love the idea and having a use for some of my partially rusted lids. These would also be great if you add a photograph inside the rim and the rim would be the frame. You could also add cute pictures that you cut out of xmas cards on the other side so you can see an image no matter how it is hanging or spinning!