Painted Kitchen Cabinets

Short story ...my children made me breakfast in bed and one left the oven door ajar (Not Me did it) resulting in the plastic laminate melting on doors and drawers on each side of the oven. Now how could I be mad at my sweet angels who were only trying to please me on my birthday? I lived with them like that for years when one day I pulled on a piece of the laminate and it peeled right off, very easily. Oops! Now what? It looked worse then ever now. So I peeled ALL the laminate off ALL the cabinets. Now I got myself in a big mess! So I just winged it. Didn't read anything about how to paint cabinets, just did it ....and a good thing, because they came out better then I'd ever expected. I like them a lot better then the white. All for $60 and a lot of time!!
Before Picture

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For

• Kelley Metzgar

OMG! This is amazing! I have this problem in my bathroom, and I just want to make sure the paint is “water resistant”.... any pointers?

• Maureen O'Donovan

I painted these almost ten years ago and they still look great! The polyacrylic makes it waterproof.

• Char

Wow, just ran across this post and I have to say - they look stunning! !!

• Tracey Willis Thomas

wow those cabinets and counter top turned out AWESOME...might get the courage to try that! ;-) maybe start in the bathroom (we have the same thing but smaller project then the kitchen...) thanks for sharing and having the guts to do it!