Farmhouse Kitchen Sink Skirt

I’m excited to show you our new Farmhouse Kitchen Sink Skirt I made out of a baby crib bedskirt.
So if you are new here, our kitchen has come a long way from the brown cabinets, flower wall paper and black n cream yucky linoleum floor and if you want to see the before scroll to the bottom for the kitchen tour.
I keep making small improvements to our kitchen as we have time and money which is nice because it’s not so overwhelming too. In October I repainted the kitchen and molding, my husband surprised me with this wonderful new dish washer that we love and I did a few other fun things that you’ll see below.
Even though we don’t have a farmhouse sink yet, I knew I could have that farmhouse look just by adding a cute skirt too. I LOVE stripes which you’ll see throughout our kitchen and when I found this baby bedskirt for $3 I knew it would be perfect to make the sink skirt.
What’s awesome is the edges are already finished and it has cute pom pom trim. I decided to do a double ruffle or tiered look.
Here’s how I made it and I did it in under 30 minutes. I used the two small ends and cut across the white area.
I didn’t even get the sewing machine out, I just hemmed the tops of the skirt and hand stitched the sides together.
I love the way it turned out and it gave our kitchen a fun farmhouse look for a few dollars. Sink
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day
For full tutorial and the rest of the pictures please click on blog link below.

These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll

• Debby
    Debby

How did u attach the skirt to the cabinet? Didn't see a picture. Pls respond to Debbytan@flash.net Thx in advance !!!

• Sootie
      Sootie

I have one for my kitchen using a pair of apple design curtains, insert a tension rod thru the casing and put in place. No cutting or sewing, just happened to be the right measurements. Since it's two pieces, easy to slide open to access items. Easy peasy.
  • Rambie
    Rambie

You have the most gorgeous kitchen I have ever seen! How do you keep it so fresh looking? Love, Love, Love it !! Like your new skirt too!

• Ethel Kirkpatrick
    Ethel Kirkpatrick

I love your kitchen, period! Too cute for words... and your little fabric cover up just adds to the lovely overall appearance. So fine....!
  • Julie
    Julie

I made a curtain to hide the kitchen trash can cabinet. I put the panel a swing arm curtain rod. Works great!