Whitewashed Stairs and a Foyer Update

I used paint to create a new look for my stairs and painted my walls Benjamin Moore Linen White. The foyer is now light and bright!
For more great "Before and After's" visit www.thepainteddrawer.com!
Here are the stairs before. I had painted the risers white when we moved in.
After painting the risers in blue with a grey stencil, I added a wash on both the risers and treads to create a softer and lighter look. To apply the wash I took a bowl of water and dipped my brush first into the water and then into the (undiluted) paint (AS Old White) and applied the wash over the risers and treads. Using a soft cloth, I wiped the wash off the blue risers until I had achieved the right look.
The stairs add a pretty pop of blue. The console table was purchased at HomeGoods, as was the sunburst mirror.
The space feels open and clean. I am sure many will think I should paint the banister. However, it ties in with my living room (to the right) and I like having a natural wood contrast.
I added a little thrift store table that I painted in white. It is perfect for keys, etc. The mirror was another thrift store score. Lucky was not :)

3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
The Painted Drawer by Suzanne Bagheri