Succulent Fairy Garden

The weather is finally feeling like springtime and I’ve been in the gardening mood! I have really enjoyed the warm nights and beautiful evening sky that Texas has to offer. So I am in the process of turning my back porch into my new sanctuary. I have had two empty barrels sitting on my back porch since we moved in and had no idea what to do with one of them. I saw the new fairy garden collection from Consumer Crafts and knew one of those barrels would be great for a fairy succulent garden!
Want to make a succulent garden of your own? Here is what I did.
I wanted my succulent garden to have a some height to it instead of being flat. So I made the soil a little higher on one side of the barrel
Then I added fish gravel to make a pathway from the house to the garden. I also added black fish gravel to the bottom part of the succulent garden for rich color.
I have to say, I think my favorite part about this fairy garden are the Moon Lights! I just placed them in the succulent forest making sure the battery pack was in reach.
I love how this fairy garden turned out! It is the perfect adorable addition to my back porch.
Once the sun started to set I turned on the Moon Lights and the whole succulent garden lit up! This part really impressed my boys. I took the lights out once I was done using the them. They are really small and no problem to take them in and out so the lights will last.

Tori Grant

• Nunya

What is the green mossy stuff you have in the picture after you put in the dirt (before you added any gravel or any other plants?

• Readith

It’s moss. Craft stores sell it in small bags, easy to work with.

• Rambie

What a gorgeous garden!! Love your lighting.