Vintage Teapot Sewing Caddy With Hidden Pincushion

376K Views
If you like to sew but have curious pets, then you need this hidden pincushion in your life!
And if you want the complete full tutorial with all of the steps, make sure you click over to my original post!
  • vintage teapot sewing caddy with hidden pincushion, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling
When I found this vintage teapot at the thrift store, I decided to turn it into a handy little caddy to stow away sewing supplies. And the lid was the PERFECT size for a secret pin cushion.
To make the pincushion, I traced the inner lip of the lid on some cardboard.
I then used fabric and crafting fiberfill to create the pincushion.
When it was finished, I gently tucked it inside the lid! Ta-da...hidden pincushion. Now, when I'm sewing, I can keep the pincushion upside down on the teapot...
And then turn it right-side up when I'm done! This keeps the pins safe and secure.
Curious about the full tutorial? Please click over to my original post for all the steps and materials/tools that I used!

Suggested materials for this project:

Sadie Seasongoods

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!