Vintage Teapot Sewing Caddy With Hidden Pincushion

If you like to sew but have curious pets, then you need this hidden pincushion in your life!
And if you want the complete full tutorial with all of the steps, make sure you click over to my original post!
When I found this vintage teapot at the thrift store, I decided to turn it into a handy little caddy to stow away sewing supplies. And the lid was the PERFECT size for a secret pin cushion.
To make the pincushion, I traced the inner lip of the lid on some cardboard.
I then used fabric and crafting fiberfill to create the pincushion.
When it was finished, I gently tucked it inside the lid! Ta-da...hidden pincushion. Now, when I'm sewing, I can keep the pincushion upside down on the teapot...
And then turn it right-side up when I'm done! This keeps the pins safe and secure.
Curious about the full tutorial? Please click over to my original post for all the steps and materials/tools that I used!

Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Sadie Seasongoods

• Melissa B
    Melissa B

Sadie... just an off question, but could you tell me who made the tea pot? It's very, very similar to my Mother's pattern that my daughter has now, and I'd like to fill in a few pieces. Thank you so much. Melissa Brinkley

• Christie Connor
      Christie Connor

I have used a company called Replacements.com. They are experts when it comes to China patterns, etc. They sell replacement pieces for vintage patterns and some custom made pieces, including discontinued patterns. They may be able to help.

• Gilda
    Gilda

They are good ideas but NONE of them show BROKEN items as title indicated.
  • Re
    Re

I have 4 tea pots that I got from garage sales. I'm going to make these sewing kits for the ladies in my sewing group! Thank you so so much! lovely idea. Maria