Front Porch Makeover on a Budget

$225

We recently made a few simple updates to our front porch and the results are blowin' my mind! Here is how the house looked about a year ago.
last summer we had the house painted, which was a huge, improvement. A whole year went by and last weekend Jesse and I cranked out a few more updates. First, my husband, Jesse, built boxes around our metal scroll work columns which was an affordable way to update the overall look (about $60 worth of plywood).
While Jesse was building the boxes, I used Rustoleum to paint our front door and screen door. Our dogs were very confused as to why I removed the windows!
We had this raggedy vintage glider on our back deck, so I decided to freshen it up and bring it to the font porch. I used the same can of Rustoleum I purchase for the front doors.
I also purchased new plant stands (they're really meant for candles) for either side of the door and hung two ferns using rope and a simple two knot method.
I'm loving our front porch, it's so nice to come home to! Of course I'm never quite "finished" so I'd like to add a couple more accessories like a fun sign for our house numbers. Aside from having the house painted, the rest of the updates cost about $200. Not too shabby!
For more photos and details, please visit the post on my blog. Thanks for reading, happy Hometalking!

3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Urban Acreage

• Sheri Farley

i love the the rope plant hangers? Do you have instructions on how to make these?!! I have several house plants that need to be hung up when I bring them in for the winter.

• Linda Cabler

I just have a little ole bitty 5' stoop out front. What can I do to "fix it up?"

• Jan Petersen

Do you have a picture of the boxes on posts and the rails still in tact?

• Judy

I replaced wrought iron posts with posts made made with 10" X 10" lumber and it changed the look of my porch completely!

• Cherry Clifford

How wide are the columns you replaced? I have similar iron columns but they are about 12 inches wide. My contractor thinks they will look too massive if we try to cover them.