Tomato Cage Tables

Sometimes I get the itch to try a project just for the heck of it. Even if I think it will fail, or look horrid, or be a total time-suck…I just want to give it a shot. These tables are one of those projects. I already had all the supplies lying around me house, so I set out create create some unique tables for free.
repurposed tomato cages to rustic tables, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, rustic furniture
First I gathered supplies for the base of the tables - a tomato cage and wire, basically.
Then I trimmed off the tomato cage prongs and weaved in some wire. Admittedly, it looked ridiculous.
Gold spray paint helps.
My husband made some small wood tops from scrap wood (despite the fact that he thought my table idea was ridiculous).
Then I attached the tomato cage base to the wooden tops
Done!
Now let’s be honest, these aren’t the best looking tables..but they’re not terrible either. I think they're kinda whimsical and fun and would call them a semi-success.
(The tables are fairly sturdy…they have a little jiggle to them but they’re not gong to fall over or collapse under the weight of normal bedside table stuff.)
Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection

• Lavern McDaniel

Why mot put wood round pieces of wood. At the bottom to steady it more would that work??

• Beth

How did you attach the wood round to the tomato cage? Hot glue, or something stronger?

• Treia Stitzer

I think it would be a nice side table next to a patio chair on the deck, that’s where I see it

• Montague Red

Why plain? Weave some fabric scraps wrapped around plain wire. Or use basket weaving materials. Also do you have some cute item to display inside bottom. Vase, trophy, plant. Maybe wrap wire in lights like Christmas or porch style. Real crazy, how about a plant that climbs like ivy inside allow to climb .

• Barbarann

I love this! The only thing I would do is weave burlap.. Great job!

• Cherie

Saw another take on tomato cage tables where the wire between the supports had been clipped off. I like both. With the wire it felt whimsical, and I love whimsy! Without the wire it felt more... customary. Depends on the personality of the home and the homemaker.