Tomato Cage Tables

Sometimes I get the itch to try a project just for the heck of it. Even if I think it will fail, or look horrid, or be a total time-suck…I just want to give it a shot. These tables are one of those projects. I already had all the supplies lying around me house, so I set out create create some unique tables for free.
First I gathered supplies for the base of the tables - a tomato cage and wire, basically.
Then I trimmed off the tomato cage prongs and weaved in some wire. Admittedly, it looked ridiculous.
Gold spray paint helps.
My husband made some small wood tops from scrap wood (despite the fact that he thought my table idea was ridiculous).
Then I attached the tomato cage base to the wooden tops
Done!
Now let’s be honest, these aren’t the best looking tables..but they’re not terrible either. I think they're kinda whimsical and fun and would call them a semi-success.
(The tables are fairly sturdy…they have a little jiggle to them but they’re not gong to fall over or collapse under the weight of normal bedside table stuff.)

The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection

• Lavern McDaniel
    Lavern McDaniel

Why mot put wood round pieces of wood. At the bottom to steady it more would that work??

• Beth
    Beth

How did you attach the wood round to the tomato cage? Hot glue, or something stronger?

• Treia Stitzer
      Treia Stitzer

I think it would be a nice side table next to a patio chair on the deck, that’s where I see it

• Montague Red
    Montague Red

Why plain? Weave some fabric scraps wrapped around plain wire. Or use basket weaving materials. Also do you have some cute item to display inside bottom. Vase, trophy, plant. Maybe wrap wire in lights like Christmas or porch style. Real crazy, how about a plant that climbs like ivy inside allow to climb .

• Dumpster Diva
    Dumpster Diva

I love them! They are not "chunkie" or too big as most end tables are. Easy to move around to other rooms and much nicer looking than TV trays! Love the idea and the ideas of some of the people who commented! Thanks for sharing!

• Amanda Wittke
    Amanda Wittke

Cute! I love this idea for a kids bedroom too. Very clever and very cute!