Brown Paper Bags, Not Just for Lunches Anymore!

While I love the look of the brown paper bag floors and counter tops I have seen recently, it isn't exactly my style on that kind of scale. This project is perfect for the same look, on a much smaller scale!
These three things are seriously all it takes! These are the basics for the project. You need something to cover (I used this plain boring glass vase), Mod Podge, and Brown paper sacks!
First you'll need to tear your bags into smaller pieces. Crumple them up a bit for some texture. Spread your Mod Podge on the paper, and stick it to your vase (or other object to cover!). That's it. So easy!
Keep going until your object is completely covered! Let it dry and seal it with a top coat of Mod Podge!
I wanted to add a little bit of a darker color to mine. After everything was mostly dry I rubbed some gel stain (in Mahogany) onto the paper bags.
I love how the stain brought out the texture of the crumpled bags a little better! It reminds me of leather.
To see the full tutorial visit my blog with the link below!

Kelli @CraftShackChronicles

• Connie Spurlock

advertisement was you did this to the bottom part of your bathroom wall, ???? vase???

• Kelli @CraftShackChronicles

@Connie Spurlock The Hometalk team, when sharing this post, quoted from one of the comments here about how another user used the same technique I did on my vase in her bathroom. The wording used was a little bit confusing, I'm sorry. If you can find the comment, perhaps that user would share their technique. I'm sure the bathroom looked beautiful when completed.

• Marina Bottazzi

Excuse my ignorance but the pasta What it is? cream to polish your shoes? (translated from Italian):Scusa la mia innioranza ma la pasta di quale materiale è ? crema per lucidare le scarpe?

• Kelli @CraftShackChronicles

excuse my response with the help of an internet translator: the dough is white school glue used with brown paper lunch bag. (translated from Italian): @Marina Bottazzi scusate la mia risposta data con l'aiuto di un traduttore internet : la pasta è colla scuola bianco utilizzato con pranzo a sacco di carta marrone .

• Sharon Seiber

I made my leather look on my statue using Elmers glue, Kleenix and ceramic paint. Put the ceramic paint in a little bowl, then used tweezers to dip the torn kleenix in and put it on the statue. Came out great!

• Necee Marie

Love!!