How to clean and disinfect the microwave with just vinegar and water.

5 easy step to clean and disinfect your microwave with just vinegar and water.
Things You'll Need

Microwave safe bowl ( I used a large glass measuring cup)

Sponge

Paper towels
1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar
1 cup of water
http://athomewithmechristine.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/athomewithmechristine
1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar
1 cup of water
Step 1: Pour vinegar and water into a microwave safe measuring cup or bowl.
Step 2: Place measuring cup or bowl in the microwave and heat it until boiling; this will vary by microwave. Its best to keep a close eye on it as it begins to boil. Over boiling may cause excess steam to build up causing the microwav
Step 3: Allow the measuring cup or bowl to remain in the microwave for approximately five minutes so that the steam can accumulate inside the oven.
Step 4: Carefully open and remove the measuring cup or bowl .Wipe the inside of the microwave clean with a damp sponge. For stubborn stains dipping your sponge in the remaining vinegar and water mixture (careful not to burn yourself )
Step 5: Dry with a paper towel
Christina Falcon

Questions on this post

3 of 7 questions

Comments

12 of 135 comments
  • G.s33159076 G.s33159076 on Apr 12, 2018

Atmospheric Decontamination is a business with rapid growth. Its specificity and strength is based on the high quality of service and the responsible service of its customers in combination with the affordable costumes. The company covers in an organized and friendly way all our needs for disinfecting and removing unwanted insects. It is based on the personal acquaintance it develops with each of its customers as well as of the modern technologies it uses. Disinsectisation and rodenticides are included in the Hygiene sector, where the workshop of Disinfectant Attica implements exclusively approved preparations from the Ministry of Agriculture. These drugs belong to the class of synthetic micro-cap pyrethrins and are odorless, colorless, with wide range of action for immediate results suitable for use in private and public spaces. Application is made at selected points inside the house, in the WC and in the kitchen there, ie where the unwanted visitors live and is in compliance with the Public Health Code. amazing disinfection of prices

• Susie Susie on Dec 27, 2018

I use Lysol disinfectant wipes to clean my microwave I clean first with a sponge to take any kind of credit out and scrub it out.then I use the distance action wipes to wipe on everything because it has Lysol on it and it gets rid of the smell in the microwave

• Anna Smith Anna Smith on Jan 20, 2019

I just make up a mix of vinegar and got water and wipe the microwave out. No worries about fumes from boiling.

• Anna Smith Anna Smith on Jan 21, 2019

Yes. Typo! I don't know why it keeps saying got.. I meant Hot water.

• Rosie Rosie on Feb 11, 2019

For quick cleanups I take a clean wash cloth, soak it in water, place the cloth in the micro wave and heat it for about 1 1/2 minutes. I'll wait a couple of minutes to remove the steaming cloth, so I don't get burned. I use a clean dish towel to dry.

• Rhoda Rhoda on Mar 19, 2019

Lemon and water work great. Alwsys leave the microwave door open for a brief time after cleaning to eliminate any lingering odor. I

ALWAYS cover anything I heat in my microwave, which helps keep it clean, and I ALWAYS put the glass turn table in the dishwasher.

• Joanie Joanie on Dec 29, 2019

I wipe my microwave out EVERYDAY.......not OCD, just easier for me, as I wipe the stove top and vent all off. Thanks anyway!

• MATTIE HYDE MATTIE HYDE on Jun 21, 2020

I just put a wet sponge in the microwave for a minute. Then use the sponge to clean the microwave. Have to wear heat gloves because the sponge is HOT.

Next