How to clean and disinfect the microwave with just vinegar and water.

$0

5 easy step to clean and disinfect your microwave with just vinegar and water.
Things You'll Need

Microwave safe bowl ( I used a large glass measuring cup)

Sponge

Paper towels
1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar
1 cup of water
http://athomewithmechristine.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/athomewithmechristine
1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar
1 cup of water
Step 1: Pour vinegar and water into a microwave safe measuring cup or bowl.
Step 2: Place measuring cup or bowl in the microwave and heat it until boiling; this will vary by microwave. Its best to keep a close eye on it as it begins to boil. Over boiling may cause excess steam to build up causing the microwav
Step 3: Allow the measuring cup or bowl to remain in the microwave for approximately five minutes so that the steam can accumulate inside the oven.
Step 4: Carefully open and remove the measuring cup or bowl .Wipe the inside of the microwave clean with a damp sponge. For stubborn stains dipping your sponge in the remaining vinegar and water mixture (careful not to burn yourself )
Step 5: Dry with a paper towel

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Christina Falcon

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth

Hi!! Please don't think I'm being critical!! I learned the hard way! Heating vinegar in a microwave releases dangerous fumes. The easiest way to do this is boil the water first then add room temper vinegar to the sponge to clean & disinfect
    • Kiran
      Kiran

Vinegar is 5% acetic acid boiling it will dissociate it simply The equation for the dissociation of acetic acid, for example, is CH3CO2H + H2O ⇄ CH3CO2− + H3O+. so no gas fumes of acetate ion are vinegary smell not dangerous at all!!

• Brenda Lahey
    Brenda Lahey

Hi there. Really needed this tip so a big, 'thank you'. However, I am just wondering about someone's comment regarding dangerous fumes coming from the vinegar. Is this true?

• Thomasina Crocker
    Thomasina Crocker

Yes i will try. How often should i do this? I just clean with dish liquid n water

• Manny
      Manny

It takes more effort with soap and odors don’t go away that easy. I will try this vinegar trick ;)

• Joanie
    Joanie

I wipe my microwave out EVERYDAY.......not OCD, just easier for me, as I wipe the stove top and vent all off. Thanks anyway!

• MATTIE HYDE
    MATTIE HYDE

I just put a wet sponge in the microwave for a minute. Then use the sponge to clean the microwave. Have to wear heat gloves because the sponge is HOT.