Leslie
Leslie
  • Lansdale, PA

DIY Beachy Accents

$10-15

Bring a bit of sun, surf, and sand into your home with these easy DIY beachy accents, plus a table setting to show them off! Perfect for your next summer cookout!
diy beachy accents, crafts, outdoor living
Here's the quick how-to:
For the twine and string balls, you’ll need a styrofoam ball, a hot glue gun, some scissors, and twine, string, or yarn- anything of that nature that you’ll be using to wrap around the ball.
Step 1: Tie a knot at the end of your string and hot glue it to the styrofoam ball.
Step 2: Tightly wind the string around the ball, gluing as you go to secure the string.
Step 3. Wrap, wrap, wrap.
Step 4: Finish it off by tying another knot at the end and gluing the knot into place.
See? So easy!
The other ones are just as simple. For the seashell and sea glass balls, you’ll need a styrofoam ball, a hot glue gun, and a bunch of glass stones (they sell these at any craft store). Let me warn you- you’ll need a lot of these guys… you’ll use up more than you think to cover the whole thing! I probably used about 70-80 to cover the 4″ ball and half that amount to cover the 2″ ball.
I don’t even think this one needs a step by step breakdown. All you’re doing is gluing your stones onto the styrofoam ball, one by one, until you’ve covered the whole ball.
Now that you’ve made the “stars” of the show, it’s time to get that table setting put together!
All I did for this was look around my house for anything beachy that I could come up with. Sea shells, a blue table runner (you could even use a Pashmina scarf!), woven balls, jars or glass vases, etc. Maybe even a book or two with a blue or gray spine that would fit in your color scheme.
I started with the runner (it kind of looked like little bunches of seaweed to me) and just plopped my newly “beached” styrofoam balls inside with a few extras I found and a sprinkling of seashells. On either side, I put a collection of oceanic things I found around the house- try to keep it balanced, but it doesn’t have to be completely symmetrical!
Just add place settings and you’re good to go! Oh, and don’t forget the FOOD!!! There you have it- a beachy tablescape to liven up any summer party.
Leslie

• Leslie

Thanks ladies! Glad you enjoyed the post! :)

• Della

What a nifty idea! I really need to stay off here, there are just so many good ideas!

• Leslie

Thanks, @Della! I know how you feel... it's a dangerous place to browse sometimes!