DIY Bedroom Makeover: Picking Paint And Bedding

$75

A progress update on the status of the master bedroom makeover is on the books for today, guys. Well, I'm not sure I can really call it a "makeover" since the before is just total lack of anything other than 4 walls and the floor? Anyway, you know what I mean.
diy bedroom makeover picking paint and bedding, bedroom ideas, paint colors, painting, reupholster
To remind you, this is the general direction of the design scheme for the bedroom (full scoop in this post)
And this is what things were looking like at last glance
To start with, we got our butts into gear and painted all of the trim (baseboards, window trim, door trim) in PARA paint's "Jo Jo Whitewash" in their 'ultra trim & door' paint line. The colour is a nice bright white and the coverage was decent. Bare trim just sucks up the paint, so ultimately it took us 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of top coat. With some filling of holes and sanding in between. Bo-to-the-ring. You can see why I quickly lose motivation in doing the un-painted parts of the house (which is most of the second floor). Warning: ultra attractive old PJ wearing coming up.
Once the trim was done, we could put the colour on the walls. I chose P5214-34D Blenheim Palace by PARA. It's this gorgeous green-gray that has the most relaxing feeling about it. It definitely adds some colour and interest to the walls, but you almost don't even notice it. It's one of those colours that I think could work in just about ANY space with any kind of decor. I love it. My tips for choosing the right wall colour for your room? Head to the full post to read!
.

• Paint  (hardware store)
  • Paint brush  (hardware store)
The Sweetest Digs