Tree Stump & Log...

My wrought iron ant climbing around the yard.
Hollowed out tree. Add a couple drainage holes. Fill with a good potting soil. Tree stump, add soil & plants.

3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
15 Memorial Day Crafts
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas

• Alicia Ranberg

Did you do anything to the wood to finish/protect or waterproof it to keep it from rotting?

It's so gorgeous I want to copy this where I have a stump, but I'll want to keep reusing it year after year. Having plants in it will make it rot.

• Mickey Baron

No, I didn't. This log seemed to go into petrified mode. It has kept rly well & I have been able to use it for the past 4 yrs. It's under trees & pretty well protected. But if I wanted to save it, I'd have put some protectant on it. I'd love to see yours when you do this.. I'll bet it will look gorgeous!

• Liz

How did you hollow out the log? We had an 80 foot pine taken down and cut into 6 foot lengths. Would love to do this but not sure how to make it hollow.

• Mickey Baron

My son took the chainsaw & formed the BOX cut,,, then an axe chopped out the center, which, I scooped out the shavings.

• Shelley John

Where did you get the ant from?

• Mickey Baron

Hobby Lobby... about...8 yrs. ago?? Maybe? They had them in 3 sizes. That was probably the largest.

• Susan Bellwood

I have a hollowed out stump in my garden with a Garden Gnome in the base. Unfortunately, it's rotting away. Hubs put a band around it to hold it together, how long it will last, I don't know. I haven't spotted a replacement yet.

• Mickey Baron

That's what I do. I look when we're on vaca up north. One last yrs. & yrs. though! I hated seeing it go.

• Josetti804

❤️