Upcycled Door Into Hall Tree With Chalkboard #showyourgreen

For this month's our challenge was to put some 'icing on the cake' with some hardware from our fab sponsor, D. Lawless Hardware. I decided to upcycle a door into something I've been needing for awhile: a hall tree.
Here's what I started with! Who doesn't love a good upcycle/repurpose project?! I know do!
I removed the hinges and painted the door in Alaskan Tundra Green by CeCe Caldwell's Paints. I waited until the paint was fully dry, then made a glaze with their clear glaze and a bit of their Pittsburgh Gray Chalk+Clay paint. I glazed over the base color then wiped away the excess leaving behind a nice deep grey finish on the door. I then painted the panels with some chalkboard paint, using a roller to get a smooth finish. To cure your chalkboard, follow the instructions on your brand's can. As per the brand I used, I cured it by rubbing chalk all over it and leaving on for 24 hours. I then wiped away with a damp cloth. This preps your chalkboard for use.
The "Icing on the cake" was the incredible hardware I got from our sponsor. I predrilled the holes for my hardware then installed it. The hooks provide the necessary hanging space I needed for our fall coats and the cup pull installed upside down holds the chalk when it's not in use. My entryway is not huge, so having this flush on the wall helps to maximize that in a fun, unique way. I can also write some reminders for the kids to see as they grab their coats on the way to school which will be starting soon! What do you think!? Are you inspired to repurpose something?

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Everything Red For Canada Day
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Evey's Creations

• Linda Abate
    Linda Abate

Definitely a wonderful addition to a mud room or entry into your home. A great place for jackets and little reminders to family members.

• Kellie
    Kellie

Love this idea! Beautiful job, thanks for sharing!