Homemade Olive Oil Furniture Polish

$5

This recipe for Homemade Olive Oil Furniture Polish is probably my favorite cleaning concoction to whip up at home. It's by far the easiest cleaning solution to make and has excellent results. While working through my KonMari Tidying list of spaces, I have also been giving areas of my house a thorough clean. I love this olive oil furniture polish and have had great results thus far.
homemade olive oil furniture polish, cleaning tips
Note: This recipe is best for furniture with an oily, non-glossy finish. Do test on a small section of furniture first as it may leave a cloudy haze on fine antiques, depending on the finish.
Ingredients:
2 c. olive oil
1 lemon
Directions:
Whisk together olive and the juice from 1 lemon. Using a clean microfiber or polishing cloth, gently rub into furniture. Rub less gently for a true shine!
This recipe is adapted from "Healthy Child Healthy Word: Creating a Cleaner, Greener, Safer Home."
Sarah Jane Dunaway

• Jenna Anderson

not sold on the polish, but i do love the green walls

• Sherrie

When you are cleaning you are cleaning the finish. And this will dull the finish, ad lemon to it and it can etch the finish. It is also food grade even might go rancid.