DIY Modern Mirror on a Budget
I first made a sketch of the layout of my pieces , using the measurements on my mirror. The screen molding was purchased from Home Depot , the thickness of this trim was perfect for the modern look I was going for .
This is so easy to make and you don’t need any power tools to achieve this look.
Before Picture of the mirror
- Screen Molding of your choice- more info of the size i used is on my blog
- DAP quick seal glue
- Paint of your choice
- Painter’s tape
- Hand Saw or Miter Saw
- Use painters tape and stick it on the mirror to get an idea of your measurements and have a better visual of the number of cuts required. Referencing it with your sketch.
- Measure again and make your cut list.
- Use a miter saw (this can be done by a hand saw) to make all your cuts that you require.
- Paint all the trim with the color of your choice, mine was painted with gold paint.
- Place the trim on the frame of the mirror, followed by other pieces using painter tape, referencing to the sketch.
- Make adjustments of any pieces that may not fit.
- Once you are happy with all the pieces in their places, take out each piece and apply DAP quick glue then place it back to the same spot.
- After putting the piece back use the painters tape to hold the piece in place and moving on to the next piece until you are done.
- Leave the painters tape for at least 24 hours for the glue to completely dry.
Letting the glue dry overnight
Happy with the end results. You can learn more about this powder renovation here