Make a simple and pretty DIY jewelry organizer from materials you probably already have around the house. Display your favorite rings and pins in style!
DIY Jewelry Organizer
- Cardboard or plastic backing (I used an old plastic sign board)
- Foam rubber, cut into strips
- Marker or pencil
- Craft knife
- Fabric, at least a few inches bigger than the backing piece in all directions
- Hot glue gun
Look around your house. You may already have everything you need to make this jewelry organizer for free!
1) Decide how big you want your display to be, and then cut the backing material to size. I used a craft knife to cut mine.
2) Next, cut the foam rubber into strips that are the same width as your backing material.
3) Using your hot glue gun, attach one edge of your fabric to the back of the board. Then glue the first foam rubber strip in place at the top of the front.
4) Add a bead of glue along the bottom edge of the foam rubber. Pull the fabric up from the back, pull it tight, and press it into the glue along the bottom of the foam.
5) Repeat the process, glueing down foam, and then pressing the fabric in place over top.
6) For my display, I used three narrow strips of foam, and one large piece for displaying pins. I glued the large piece down last and trimmed the bottom as needed to make it fit the backing.
7) Finish the edges by folding the fabric to the backside of the backing, and glue in place. I glued a piece of fabric over the entire back, to give it a clean finish.
8) Display your jewelry by sliding rings into the spaces between the foam rubber, and by sticking pins into the larger foam.
A pretty and easy way to display your jewelry, so you can find and wear the pieces you want.
For more jewelry storage ideas, be sure to check out this post:
While you're there, be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get project ideas like this delivered right to your inbox every week!