How can I get a round cut piece of wood for a new table top?


I'm trying to put a new top on a table, I don't have exact measurements, but probably around four feet across. I know they only do straight cuts at home depot, lowes, etc. I can't cut anything myself because i have an apartment and a saw really isn't an option.

  6 answers
  • Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Nov 06, 2018

    Look at thrift stores for old round tables, you may find one cheap enough to use the top. If you have an unfinished furniture store in your area you can see if you can buy just a top. The next thing to do is go to a furniture repair shop and have them cut or make you a top. Hope you find one, good luck on your project.

  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Nov 06, 2018

    Since you live in an apartment, try a hand saw, yep the old fashioned type. Then sand down the edges really well. See if you have any woodworking shops in your area or possibly check with the high schools nearby. They usually have wood shop classes for the students and they would probably do it for you.

  • Sal3170064 Sal3170064 on Nov 06, 2018

    Draw a circle large enough, then use a electric jig saw, using the drawn line as a guide for the blade. Finish the edge with sand paper.

  • Or hit up your local lumber yard.

  • Depending on the size, those stores might already sell a round piece of wood. Otherwise you can check to see if there are any places in your area that have shop time available with tools.

  • Try looking for table rounds online. Or find a used table that you can use the top from.