How to Decoupage on Wooden Placemats
Decoupage is my favorite craft. You can Decoupage many things. I like to Decoupage using napkins. I have Decoupaged pots, candles, trays, the list goes on and on. It's a very simple craft to do! Today I’m going to Decoupage some wooden place mats. I use place mats all the time on my kitchen table.
1) MDF place mats
2) Mod Podge glue
3) Acrylic paints,your choice of colours
5) Napkins with design of your choice
How to make
1) Sand the place mats so it’s smooth to touch
2) Paint the place mats with acrylic paint. You can paint 1-2 coats.
3) The napkin consists of three layers , we need the upper layer napkin. The layer is very thin and we need to be very careful. Cut or tear design of napkin then separate.
4) Apply glue on place mat where you want the design to go.
5) Place design on top of glue and press down making sure there’s no wrinkles.Let dry
6) Apply one coat of glue over surface.
7) Let dry
8) And voila your place mats are ready to use.
The finished project!
Resources for this project:
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info
Published March 31st, 2018 12:25 AM