This tutorial will guide you through making Christmas ornaments from clay. If you have not used oven-bake clay before, you are in for a real treat! It is a super-forgiving medium and makes adorable ornaments easily.
How to Make Clay Christmas Ornaments
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO MAKE CLAY ORNAMENTS
- Embroidery hoop (I used a 3-inch size)
- Felt (in the color of your choice)
- Glitterific paint (in a variety of colors)
- Snow paint
- Sculpey Souffle Oven-Bake Clay
- Sculpey Essential Tool Kit
- Sculpey Clay Work Mat
- Sculpey Metal Cutters (optional)
- Hot glue and a glue gun
- Pallet knife
- Craft knife
If you're more of a visual learner, just watch this video for step-by-step instructions that walk you through the entire process.
For detailed instructions, clay-working tips, and the final reveal, visit The Country Chic Cottage.
- Materials listed above.
- Detailed instructions listed above.