Making seashell mirrors has to be one of my favorite things to do. Each piece is unique and one of a kind, no two are alike. The whole process from the beginning to the end is so calming and therapeutic.
How to Make a Unique Seashell Mirror
- Start off with 24″ X 24″ X 1/2″ piece of plywood
- Cover the entire mirror with painter’s tape and paper. In order to avoid scraping glue and paint off the mirror later.
- Spray the plywood or the store bought mirror frame with white paint
- After the paint is dried, spray the back of the plywood with spray adhesive and carefully attach the black felt fabric to the back. This will protect the wall and also look professional
- Install the mirror hanger on the back
- locate the center of the board…put mirror glue to the back of the mirror and place it down on the center of the board.
- Place the shells on the frame before gluing to get an idea of the placement.
- Start with larger shells first, then fill in with smaller shells.
- Move shells around till you are satisfied with the look
- Glue the shells into place.
- Clean all the glue webbing with a soft brush
- Take you time and enjoy the process!
- Finally cover the mirror and spray the frame with two coats of sealant and dry.
Attach mirror hangers to the back of the plywood.Placing each unique seashell on the right spot to create the mirror is really a fun, creative process.
And here it is, seashell encrusted mirror with beautiful shells, I love it!
Hang your unique seashell mirror and admire your beautiful creation for years to come!
You can visit my blog at https://houzewize.com/how-to-make-a-unique-seashell-mirror/ to get a more detailed instructions on creating this beautiful shell mirror.
- Shells (Beach, online shell stores)
- Plywood (Home Depot)
- Liquid nails adhesive (Home depot)