Color Block Wall—Quick and Simple Way to Add a Big Punch!
Color blocking may be a newer trend but I hope it’s here to stay! It’s such a great way to add character to a space for the cost of some paint. If you don’t want to paint an entire wall, it’s a perfect way to add a splash of color. It’s perfect in a small space OR to break up a large space!!
- For my specific area, I chose to use the sloped ceiling as a guideline.
- This made a trapezoid type design, but the options are endless. I’ve seen circles, semi circles, rectangles, etc.
- I used painter’s tape and measured and marked 2 1/2 inches from each edge and put the tape all around.
- With the painter’s tape, I didn’t even use a brush. A mini roller did the trick!
- I painted two coats.
- Let it dry to the touch before you take the tape off.
- I added a little shelf using brackets and a piece of 2 x 6 pine cut to size.
- Some hand drawn artwork and sponge art work in Dollar Tree and Goodwill frames
- a few faux plants
- a couple of vintage items
- a candle