Kitchen Appliances?

+13

My girlfriend has a farmhouse-style kitchen. She has her WHITE washer and dryer in a small alcove area in that kitchen. She has an Amish Blue colored hutch also in that kitchen. She is now in the market for a new Stove and Refrigerator. Does she buy a Blue stove to match the hutch, or does she buy a matching stove and refrigerator, and if she does buy a matching stove and refrigerator...........does she buy white, or stainless, or does she buy a blue stove and a white refrigerator??????????????????????

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on May 15, 2021

A good guideline is to get the most timeless/classic version of big ticket items. So I would suggest appliances that are white vs blue. It’s easy to repaint a hutch when you’re tired of the blue. Appliances not so much. :)

• I would match the existing appliances.

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on May 15, 2021

I agree with Frugal.

Also White appliances are less $ than colored appliances.

• Mogie Mogie on May 15, 2021

If the appliances don't match they tend to look like you got one at walmart, one at lowes, etc.

• William William on May 15, 2021

I agree. Appliances should match. White is timeless

• I'd tell her to go with ALL white. Farmhouse is usually lots of white!

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on May 15, 2021

Hello white might be advised for a farmhouse look. Stainless steel can be frustrating to keep fingerprintless.

• Mogie Mogie on May 15, 2021

I also found that stainless steel while it looks beautiful not only shows finger prints but it dents very easily and those dents really show up. If I had known how bad it dents I would have never bought my stainless steel fridge.

• Dee Dee on May 15, 2021

Titanium is better than stainless it does not show fingerprints. I would go for white as it is timeless. Years ago I bought Bisque and loved it, but the appliance makers do not make that any longer You have to special order.

• Valerie Gigun Valerie Gigun on May 15, 2021

White Fridge and stove

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on May 16, 2021

Match the stove and refrig in white, the rest can be painted as needed.

• Flipturn Flipturn on May 16, 2021

Colored appliances are generally more expensive that white or SS.

I agree with others above to go with the white.

However, if your friend has her heart set on blue, then I would suggest to price out blue appliances first. When she learns about their higher cost and lower availability, it may be easier to be persuaded about going with white.

• Annie Annie on May 16, 2021

I would go with white F&S

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on May 16, 2021

too many colors on the appliances makes it appear too messy to be honest - I would keep all the appliances one color whether it is white, stainless or black

• Betsy Betsy on May 16, 2021

Hi Connie: I'd go with white as that's a classic, easy to clean and you can do much more with the colours around it. Stainless is wonderful, but it's a lot of work to keep clean and shows every fingerprint, stain, etc. My neighbour has one, loves it, but hates the cleaning involved with it. I'd match the washer and dryer, using white. Just MHO :)

Good luck

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on May 17, 2021

I would match the stove & refrigerator in white or stainless. This will allow the hutch to stand out as a centerpiece.