How best to rid of roaches; Spray or Bait?

+5
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jan 05, 2018
    Hi Familytailoring,
    Below is an article with several ways to get rid of roaches. Just putting out bait or spraying is only part of the answer. Just click the link to read the article. Wishing you the best.

• Rembatb Rembatb on Jan 05, 2018
    Foggers is a good way but if you have problems after fogging then it is advisable to consult professional like Orkin.

• Michael Oglesby Michael Oglesby on Jan 05, 2018
    The spray works best, but puffing a slight dusting of boric acid powder in the right places using a bulb syringe also works. As a roach walks over the boric acid powder, a small static electric field is produced. The static electricity causes the powder to be attracted to the roach, especially at the ends of the dielectric segments which means it is attracted to the areas that are like breaks or soft joints in the segmented shell sections over the abdomen and the joints of the legs. It also goes onto and in the spiracles which are the breathing holes on the side of the roach. As the roach moves, the abrasive boric acid grinds on the joints and causes them to be more vulnerable to water evaporation which results in dehydration and death. Using this technique usually fails because people think the more the better with the boric acid, however, that is not true. The technique works best is the boric acid is in a very slight dust, almost imperceptible so it does not repel the roaches.
    Of course, the fastest way is to put the roach on board A and strike it sharply with board B. ---It just had to be said.

• William David Sackett William David Sackett on Jan 06, 2018
    Fipronil based bait has worked best for me as long as you use "exactly" as directed. Sprays and "bombs" don't really work long term.

• Clay B Clay B on Jan 06, 2018
    i use a combo of boric acid dust, baits, glue traps. Put where they crawl in garage, attic, basement or crawl space. Just put all where kids or pets have no access.

• Linda Winn Bacon Linda Winn Bacon on Jan 06, 2018
    I had a one-time infestation of roaches of all sizes (several kinds). After trying other solutions, I was desperate. I bought boric acid and sprinkledit all over the floor, let it set for 2-3 days then cleaned it up. That was 30-35 years ago and haven't had a problem since (maybe leave a little bit in corners). And it is extra cheap.

• Anita Springer Anita Springer on Jan 06, 2018
    Call in an exterminator, it's worth it to rid your house of roaches.

• C Van Houten C Van Houten on Jan 06, 2018
      I know way too many people who have a regular appointment with the exterminator. I suspect it is in their best interests to merely control the population, not get rid of it entirely. When we had a roach problem, all the exterminators I called wanted to sell me a long term contract. Only one agreed to come out once, and even he said, "But, you'll be calling me again. No one gets rid of roaches with just one visit. I used bait, traps, spray, and persistence to get rid of them, and I fogged my crawl space.