How can i get rid of moles in my large yard?

+4
I have tried many products and even traps... i hate doing the traps, i hate finding them, is here and easier method? One that you have tried and has worked, Some of these commercial products are just a bunch of hipe. A humane way of getting rid of the critters?

• Harleyron74 Harleyron74 on Jan 05, 2018
    There is no humane way to get rid of moles. Moles are carnivores and are looking for worms, Grubs and insects in your lawn. In order to discourage moles from digging up your lawn all insect life would have to be killed. You would need to apply hundreds of pounds of insecticide over the course of the year to disrupt the moles food supply. Much easier to eliminate the moles. I had moles at my former home and trapped out 100's of them over the 20+ years of living there. I had over 5 acres and they kept breeding in the woods and traveling into my yard. I could reduce their population to A tolerable level but I never got rid of all of them. I tried many poisons, mechanical devices and home brewed concoctions to eliminate them and never had any success. Trapping was the only answer. Well, moving away solved the problem but my new place is all sand and while I have no moles (worms and grubs apparently don't care for sand) I did find out, when spring came, that I have gophers! Dozens of them! Last summer I trapped out almost 25 of them and gassed many tunnels in the spring trying to kill the newborn gophers. As I have 6.5 acres my retirement hobby will be gopher hunter!

• K_a7863698 K_a7863698 on Jan 05, 2018
    My husband uses the device you put on their tunnel, when they go through the tunnel, its triggered & bye bye mole...I guess you could call it a trap but there's definitely nothing live to "release"
    I used to put the poisonous peanuts in the holes until I nearly poisoned myself after handling them without gloves!
    I became dearly sick!

• FL FL on Jan 05, 2018
    Check out this site by Wildlife Pest removal experts: http://wildlifeanimalcontrol.com/moles.html

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 05, 2018
    Sonic deterant

• Barbara Baldwin Barbara Baldwin on Jan 05, 2018
    Snakes kept them out. Renters complained about EEEK! snakes. Snakes were destroyed. Renters now complain about moles in the lawns...ah, forgive them. They know not what they do..